Thank you for your interest in PRIM&R's conference scholarship programs. PRIM&R will be offering our Institutional Capacity Building (ICB) Scholarship Program to support attendance at IACUC19. For priority consideration, please complete your application by 5:00 PM ET on Friday, January 4, 2019. Applications received after that date will be considered on a rolling basis through Monday, January 14, 2019.
ICB Scholarship Program
A number of small, underfunded institutions of higher education in the United States need, but do not have, fully functioning IACUCs or animal care and use programs. These include historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs), Hispanic-serving institutions (HSIs), and tribal colleges and universities (TCUs). Additionally, many small US colleges, universities, and community organizations are called upon to engage in research with animals, but struggle to form and/or support their institutional animal care and use committees due to funding constraints. Almost all such institutions have significantly fewer resources than their larger peer institutions, which can create challenges in keeping up on and implementing best IACUC practices. This scholarship program offers a funded educational opportunity to a limited number of teams of two representatives from such institutions, with the goal of building capacity and fostering change at their home institutions.
Who can apply?
Teams of two IACUC staff members and/or IACUC members who work at institutions that are HBCUs, HSIs, TCUs, or other institutions that, due to limited resources, do not have fully functioning animal care and use programs or IACUCs are eligible to apply for the ICB Scholarship.
What does the scholarship include? Awards may consist of:
- A full or partial fee waiver to IACUC19
- A one-year PRIM&R membership
- Roundtrip coach travel to Bellevue, Washington
- Hotel accommodations for the length of the meeting
How do we apply?
Please complete the online IACUC19 ICB Scholarship Program Application. Both team members must contribute to the application documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
Conditions of Scholarship Awards
- Not all scholarship recipients are guaranteed full funding. It is at the discretion of the scholarship review committee to include any or all of the items listed above. Recipients will be notified of their awards far enough in advance of IACUC19 to secure any components not covered by their scholarship.
- All recipients will receive a letter clearly outlining their scholarship details, including financial support.
- Those who have received full scholarships in the past will only be eligible for partial awards.
- Please contact Maggie Wolff, Program Assistant, for more information or questions about scholarships.