- To submit an abstract, complete the online submission form by April 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET.
- All abstracts must be prepared accordingly:
- The abstract must be prepared for blind review; all identifying information should be removed from the body of the abstract (names of locations, people (where applicable), institutions, etc.).
- The abstract should adhere to the word limits.
- Names, degrees, and institutions for all authors should be listed in the author section of the form.
- The abstracts will be published as is, and must therefore be proofed before submitting.
- Note: PRIM&R reserves the right to adapt the titles or body of poster abstracts to ensure adherence to the organization’s internal style manual for the purposes of featuring the content in marketing materials produced by the organization.
- If an abstract is accepted, one author or co-author must register for and attend AER18 to present the poster. PRIM&R is unable to waive conference registration fees or pay travel expenses for poster presenters. A limited number of fee waivers will be available for those who require financial assistance.
- The poster author must organize and pay for all shipping arrangements for his/her poster materials.
- Accepted abstracts will be featured on PRIM&R's website, and may be used for other promotional purposes. Abstract authors acknowledge that PRIM&R bears no further obligation to obtain permission for the purposes indicated, and grant this release voluntarily and with no compensation or inducement.
How to Submit a Poster Abstract
Complete the online submission form by April 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. Please review all information pertaining to abstract categories and submission format, as well as the submission guidelines before submitting an abstract online. Decisions will be sent via email by June 21, 2019.
Late-Breaking Poster Abstract Submissions
Authors who have implemented programs or started research, but who will not yet have results by April 28, 2019 can complete the online submission form between June 3 and July 1, 2019. These posters will be considered for one of 10 late-breaking slots.
Since there are only 10 late-breaking poster slots, it is highly recommended that authors who have data submit their complete application by April 28, 2019 at 12:00 AM ET. Late-breaking submissions considered worthy of being accepted may not be due to the space restrictions of this program.
Please review the following carefully if you feel your poster may fall into this category:
- The online submission system will reopen on June 3, 2019 and those wishing to submit a late-breaking abstract must submit the online application form by July 1, 2019 at 12:00 AM ET. .
- For late-breaking abstracts, do not submit the online application until June 1, 2018; submitting before this date means your abstract will be included in the first round of review and incomplete abstracts will not be accepted.
- There are only 10 late-breaking abstract spots. Thus, if there are more late-breaking submissions than slots, the Poster Abstract Subcommittee will make decisions based on their overall ratings of the submissions.
- Late-breaking abstracts will not be considered for oral presentation onsite; they will only be considered for poster display onsite.
- Decisions for late-breaking abstracts will be sent by August 12, 2019.
Posters Onsite at AER19
Posters accepted for inclusion in the Poster Presentation Program will be displayed onsite at the conference in the Exhibit Hall, and outstanding work will be featured during an oral presentation at the conference.
The Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award
The Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award recognizes outstanding projects designed to improve human research protections programs (HRPPs) or animal care and use (ACU) oversight programs through better education, tools, procedures, practices, or which contribute to empirical research or scholarship in the research ethics field. Each year, one abstract will be selected from the AER Poster Abstract Program to be designated as the "Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award Recipient."
The award includes complimentary conference registration and hotel for the lead poster author to display their poster at the AER Conference; up to $750 to cover travel costs; a one-year complimentary PRIM&R membership; and one complimentary group webinar registration.
Any poster abstract submitted to the AER Conference Poster Abstract Program will automatically be considered for the Pillars of PRIM&R Award. The winning abstract will be selected by the Conference Planning Committee.
Learn more about the Pillars of PRIM&R.
If you have questions about the submission process, please email Clare Ladd, program assistant.